Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Recommended Song of the Day

2/5/09: Summertime Clothes, by Animal Collective

Where to begin... I saw Animal Collective at Pitchfork last summer and was awestruck. Completely surprised by the wonderfulness they seeped into my ears. I'm bummed I missed them in Chicago last month at the Metro. :(


I heard so many good things about their new album, Merriweather Post Pavilion, and all of it is true. Big fan of the album, but like many of my favorite artists who I've yet to bring to the blog, I couldn't decide which song to post! Well, life kept happening and they slipped my
mind, until just now on the way home. Props to XRT for bringing them back to the forefront of my attention.

Not recognizing that the song on the radio was Animal Collective's Summertime Clothes, I anxiously started googling the lyrics as I heard them on my phone. I contemplated rolling down the window and asking passerbys if they knew. Alas, XRT told me, and I nearly knocked myself unconscious with the "duh" slap of the forehead.


Enjoy!


Tracy :)


Baltimore, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK