Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Pitchfork Thoughts

Well, I had a FABulous time at P4K 2009. :) Like the rest of my postings, I'm going to keep this review brief!




HIGHLIGHTS
  • Yeasayer - They were on my list of "must sees" and I had pretty high expectations for them, and yet they still blew me away. (Dancing in the rain to Yeasayer = favorite Pitchfork moment of 09) Way to be really awesome Yeasayer and turn an existing fan into a exciting fan. :)
  • Final Fantasy- I love a good one-man band, and what Owen Pallett did to that violin was inspiring.



BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT
  • The Walkmen - Not only are they "above" playing the song that made them famous, but their set was blah overall. So sad.


HAPPY MOMENTS
  • Seeing that Whole Foods had gigantic bags of cherries available for sale as a healthy snack. Those were delicious and refreshing.
  • Perusing the poster artists - found a few promising designers.
  • Randomly running into folks from Moxie Motive, Loyal Divide, Verona Red and Bully in the Hallway.
  • Making the most awesome picture buttons ever. :)
  • Pretty much every moment, as music festivals are my heaven-on-earth.


SAD MOMENTS
  • Realizing that the crazy, colliding fans I burried myself in for Matt & Kim actually squished all the ripe and juicy cherries in my purse, getting cherry juice on my purse, my pants, my sweater, my hand, my boyfriend, my phone, etc.
  • Losing one of the most awesome picture buttons ever. :(
  • Watching some drunk loser cut off some handicap guy waiting to use the handicap porta-potty. All the folks in my porta-potty line gave him the stink eye when he got out. Loser.

Check out some more images from my 2009 P4K experience



See clips of P4K performances from Yeasayer, Final Fantasy, Flaming Lips, Black Lips, Matt and Kim, and Bowerbirds HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK