Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Friday, September 4, 2009

Recommended Song of the Day

Chicago, IL

8/26/09: Stuck at the Bottom, by Pet Lions

Listen to it HERE


I checked them out tonight at Schubas, with Big Science and Empires. Out of all the bands, I enjoyed Pet Lions the most. I downloaded their EP Soft Right for FREE HERE and really liked it, but I REALLY liked their live show. Definitely a band with more rock and energy on stage than on CD, but a good listen all around.


As for Big Science and Empires, I enjoyed Big Science more with my eyes shut. The sound they created was great, but I was seriously distracted from enjoying it because of the nearly-awkward presence these guys had on stage. I definitely liked their music though, which you can hear HERE, but I'd only try them again live with some other guaranteed hits on the line-up.

I was excited for Empires, but wasn't impressed by their show. My favorite shows are the ones that radiate so much energy that without even knowing the band you're blown away. Passion Pit and Ha Ha Tonka, both at Schubas, did that to me. Empires did nothing to me. No pros, no cons.

Still happy I went. I wanted to catch each of these bands in the past, so there it was a 3-birds-1-stone situation. Plus, I got some super delicious pizza across the street, so a good Wednesday night overall.

Tracy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK