Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Presents a NEW Music Per Diem

I started this blog on November 25, 2008 - the day I first heard Nine Inch Nail's "Closer." I have ALWAYS loved music, and when I heard "Closer" I knew I was late in joining the NIN bandwagon, but I thought "If I JUST found and fell in love with this song, I bet there are others who haven't discovered it yet too."

I decided to start this blog for two reasons:
1) so that I could share my music finds with all of you, and hopefully you'd share some in return (you have, thank you!)

2) to challenge my free-time-challenged self to proactively search for new music - daily

I stand by every song I posted on here! I didn't ever just "post something to post it;" I took careful selection in the artists and songs that I recommended. Because I only recommended one song by each artist, and each artist only once, with Arcade Fire's "Neighborhood #2" I've posted 366 different artists and songs!

Towards the end, I did start lagging with my posts (which I felt horrible about). This was due to my increasingly hectic schedule and my self-imposed high standards for the songs I feature. Well, I'm proud of the year I blogged a song a day, but it's time to move on - to a bigger and better Music Per Diem.

There are a LOT of new sections, contributors, features, etc coming your way, and I'll be sure to announce them as they're ready. Until then, please be patient with things that seem partially done, and enjoy the posts!

Thanks to you ALL for a fabulous year!
Tracy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK