Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Wish I Could Go to Bonnaroo

Bonnaroo's line-up is shaping up quite nicely. Below is a list of confirmed performers, organized into separate sections of my knowledge (but not organized within those sections). If this were the Pitchfork or Lolla line-up, I'd be investing my time to check out the folks I don't know.

If anyone has a free ticket for me and a place I could crash, let me know! ;)

Top Picks
Phoenix
LCD Soundsystem
The Avett Brothers
Zac Brown Band
The Black Keys
Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers
She & Him
Miike Snow
Dr. Dog
Neon Indian
Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile
The Temper Trap

Would be Nice to See

Stevie Wonder
Jay-Z
Weezer
The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform “Dark Side of the Moon”
Regina Spektor
Thievery Corporation
Daryl Hall & Chromeo
The xx
They Might Be Giants
OK Go
Mayer Hawthorne and the County
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
The Dodos
Tokyo Police Club
Here We Go Magic

I Know Nothing About These Folks
The Dead Weather
Damian Marley and Nas
Michael Franti and Spearhead
John Fogerty
Jimmy Cliff
Les Claypool
John Prine
Jeff Beck
Dropkick Murphys
Against Me!
Deadmau5
Jamey Johnson
Clutch
Bassnectar
Kid Cudi
The Disco Biscuits
Kris Kristofferson
Medeski Martin & Wood
GWAR
Isis
Blues Traveler
Miranda Lambert
Calexico
Gary Chardonnay
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
Martin Sexton
Lotus
Baroness
Dave Rawlings Machine
Jay Electronica
Ingrid Michaelson
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Big Sam's Funky Nation
Carolina Chocolate Drops
Brandi Carlile
Mumford & Sons
Rebelution
Diane Birch
Monte Montgomery
Julia Nunes
Fanfarlo
The Postelles
Hot Rize
B.O.B
NEEDTOBREATHE
The Entrance Band
Local Natives
Lucero
Dan Deacon Ensemble
Tinariwen
Wale
Baaba Maal
The Melvins
The Gaslight Anthem
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

I Don't Really Care About These Folks
Tenacious D
Norah Jones
Rise Against
Tori Amos
The National
Blitzen Trapper
Japandroids
Manchester Orchestra

I Really Don't Care About These Folks
Dave Matthews Band
Kings of Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK