Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3/15/10 @ Empty Bottle = My Gold Mask Love & the Discovery of Common Loon

I attended My Gold Mask's FREE show last night at the Empty Bottle, and am completely happy I decided to forgo those few extra hours of sleep. Not only was MGM's performance my absolute favorite kind of performance - high energy and full of dancing - I also discovered Champaign's Common Loon.

Common Loon was direct support for My Gold Mask and, despite the crowded room, failed to capture the attention [I believe] they deserved. Their music is calm and strategically built, and yet somehow they still brought the rock-and-roll vibes.

They start a 15-day tour on April 8 in Indianapolis in support of their first full-length album, The Long Dream of Birds. They stop back in Chicago on April 11 at Ronny's.
I absolutely loved My Gold Mask, as did the many other people who came out to send them off to SXSW. And you could tell MGM loved us back.

Before the show, I read that MGM's live performance wasn't disappointing. It isn't. Their energy is just as raw and exciting as you might expect after hearing their tracks, and the crowd reacted warmly to it. I very much look forward to their next Chicago show, which as far as I know isn't on the calendars just yet.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK