Disclaimer: You May Find a Broken Link

So, there USED to be freenapster.com, and it USED to provide access to almost any artist's music. It was pretty awesome, and I linked ~90% of this blog's recommendations to that site. Now, apparently, Free Napster is no more. Booooooo.

It will be a long, on-going task of mine to redirect the links to somewhere you can hear the music, but in the meantime, if you click on a link that brings you to Napster where it asks you to sign in:
1) Be angry at them, for disrupting your chance to enjoy a good song
2) Google the song and still check it out, because it's awesome

If you have another source I should be using, please don't hesitate to send it my way. Email me for that, and any music recommendations, at tracy@groundwm.com. Thanks!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Last 25 Albums I listened to








My Album Ratings

When I started this blog in November I made a goal to listen to albums. I think I've been too into my iPod lately and needed to get back to hearing albums and bands the way they are intended to be heard - in a full-length, non-shuffle format. I made up a rating system to keep track of them, with ##### being the best. I've decided to share my list to-date for a few reasons:
  1. Hopefully you'll find good music
  2. Hopefully you'll give me new good music
  3. Hopefully since I'm sharing such intimacies with you, our bond will grow stronger
First sorted by rating, then chronologically because if you're an analytical freak like me you might enjoy seeing my sequence of discovery.

Enjoy!


Tracy
:)



By Rating

#.5
Sigur Rós - Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust

##
Fleet Foxes -
Fleet Foxes
The Hold Steady -
Stay Positive

##.5
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Girl Talk -
Feed the Animals
Lucinda Williams -
Little Honey

###.5
She & Him -
Volume One
Vampire Weekend -
Vampire Weekend

####
Dr. Dog -
Fate
I'm From Barcelona - Who Killed Harry Houdini?

####.5
Battles -
Race In
Foals - Antidots
Greg Wood - Vibrating Glass
Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twins
Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

Tapes 'N Tapes - Walk it Off

#####
The Blow - Paper Television
Calvin Harris - I Created Disco
Emiliana Torrini - Me and Armini
The Faint -
Fasciinatiion
The Faint -
Wet From Birth
Langhorne Slim - Langhorne Slim
MGMT -
Oracular Spectacular
Moving Units -
Dangerous Dreams
Mugison - Mugiboogie

Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping


Total List Chronologically
  1. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago ##.5
  2. Dr. Dog - Fate ####
  3. The Faint - Fasciinatiion #####
  4. The Faint - Wet From Birth #####
  5. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes ##
  6. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals ##.5
  7. Greg Wood - Vibrating Glass ####.5
  8. I'm From Barcelona - Who Killed Harry Houdini? ####
  9. MGMT, Oracular Spectacular #####
  10. Moving Units - Dangerous Dreams #####
  11. Sigur Rós - Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust #.5
  12. She & Him - Volume One ###.5
  13. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend ###.5
  14. Calvin Harris - I Created Disco #####
  15. Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twins ####.5
  16. The Blow - Paper Television #####
  17. Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga ####.5
  18. Langhorne Slim - Langhorne Slim #####
  19. Battles - Race In ####.5
  20. Emiliana Torrini - Me and Armini #####
  21. Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping #####
  22. The Hold Steady - Stay Positive ##
  23. Foals - Antidots ####.5
  24. Tapes 'N Tapes - Walk it Off ####.5
  25. Mugison - Mugiboogie ######

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snapshots - Summer Festivals 2009

PITCHFORK